It is quite common to have problems with dryness, irritation, sensitivity and peeling of the skin. The main factors for dryness are cold, wind, pollution, very hot baths, drinking little water and the side effects of facial treatments (such as the famous acid treatments).
Natural Solutions for Dry Skin:
To improve skin hydration, moisturizers are our allies. However, industrialized moisturizers are not always effective. In this case, it is interesting to try some very effective natural treatments to ensure smooth skin with the freshness and light they deserve!
- Maintain a diet of foods rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins, especially vitamins A, C, E and B complex.
- Prepare homemade masks with fruits such as bananas, avocado, grapes, papaya and babassu. They can be prepared by kneading and applied to the skin for twenty minutes.
- Take quick, warm baths and use natural or neutral soaps.
- Maintain weekly exfoliation and daily hydration, plus the use of filters or sunscreen.
- Aloe vera (aloe) has numerous properties, including healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, so it is especially important in the treatment of acne, thus avoiding products that cause drying and can also be applied as a moisturizing gel.
- Almond oil is well known in the world of cosmetics and promotes hydration and nutrition.
- Coconut oil creates a barrier that retains moisture in the skin, keeping it hydrated. It also protects it from the sun, being a natural sunscreen and protects the skin from the effects of seawater.
- Evening primrose oil is used to treat skin diseases such as psoriasis and eczema, it is ideal for hydration.
- Roses are also widely used in the cosmetic industry for many purposes, but one of the main ones is the regeneration and retention of moisture, which can be obtained with rose water.
- Olive oil moisturizes dry cuticles, does wonders on the hands and elbows, removes makeup, and softens and conditions dry, itchy skin throughout the body. When the skin is very dry, you can pass a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil, organic olive oil under your moisturizer for an extra dose of antioxidants and good fatty acids.
Natural Coconut Oil Moisturizing Recipe for Reseca Skin:
Nothing replaces the softness of homemade beauty products. They are also 100% free of harmful chemicals.
For the Recipe You Need:
- Coconut oil: The coconut oil is very effective for moisturizing the skin, is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids that nourish the skin. Coconut oil also contains antibacterial and antifungal substances, which makes a skin protection agent.
- It is super nutritious and contains moisturizing properties.
- Lavender essence oil: Lavender essence oil is an excellent antiseptic, healing and can be used in burns, wounds, bites, dermatitis and all types of skin inflammation. It helps soothe the skin.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil (optional): Ylang Ylang essential oil soothes and moisturizes the skin.
Instructions for Preparation:
First, if coconut oil is hard in the form of pasta, melt 2 tablespoons, mix 4 drops of lavender essence oil, a tablespoon of honey and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil.
Mix well and place in a small pot with a lid. Place in the refrigerator and will soon be ready for use. It can also be used on the face and body. The durability of this moisturizer is about 3 weeks.
What Happens When You Do Acid Treatments?
The use of retinoic acid can cause skin sensitivity, leaving it red and rough. At the start of this retinoid treatment, the layer shows a greater sensitivity (hyperreactive type) and over time it becomes stronger and begins to tolerate more strongly other ingredients. At the beginning of the treatment with acids, irritation and desquamation are common, but if these symptoms persist for several weeks or get worse, it is recommended to discontinue use and seek an expert.