The food has a key role in the intensity of menopause symptoms. Adopting a balanced diet will optimize the proportion of hormones in women and prevents many of the conditions that are prone to suffer.
Foods to be Included in a Menopause Diet:
- Natural vegetables, which contain many vitamins, fibers and minerals. They prevent the onset of diseases such as obesity, problems with the heart or with cholesterol.
- It is essential to consume foods that include unsaturated fats; such is the case of olive oil. You can also get this component from other plant foods such as almonds or nuts that are very good for contributing to the body.
- Recommended menopause diet: the Mediterranean diet
- Drinking lots of water a day is transcendental. You can drink fruit juices and especially natural water. They are good for eliminating those toxins that raise the temperature in the body.
- Avoid liquids with alcohol or stimulants. You also should not under any circumstances.
Low-Calorie Foods to Minimize the Effects of Menopause:
- Foods prepared with soy , such as milk or soy tofu. These foods are good for providing phytoestrogens, thus complementing those that originate the ovaries.
- Eating oranges, strawberries, grapefruits are a source of bioflavonoids that minimize the evils of the climacteric.
- Sunflower seeds, flaxseed, asparagus. Kiwi, almonds are a good source of vitamin E that prevents the warmth of the body, counteracting hot flashes, mood swings and lack of vaginal segregations.
- Dairy products, also spinach and broccoli, being very useful to provide the body with calcium, ideal for producing bone tissue and minimizing the effects of osteoporosis.
Healthy Juices for Menopause:
Strawberry Juice for Menopause:
The Ingredients are:
- 8 large strawberries
- 10 ounces of tofu (soybeans with water and coagulant)
For preparation, you need to pass the strawberries through the blender. Then, place the mixture together with tofu and beat until smooth. As a decoration, place a strawberry. Drinking the juice daily is very refreshing, as well as relieving the hot flashes of menopause.
Green Juice for the Climaterio Stage:
The Necessary Ingredients are:
- A handful of spinach
- 2 sprigs of celery.
- A big tomato
- A small wad of parsley.
- 5 carrots
Proceed to wash all the ingredients, then cut and chop the tomato, celery and carrots. On the other hand shred the parsley and spinach. Then in a blender, beat all the ingredients, adding half a liter of water. Drink the liquid daily; this will help provide calcium and bioflovanoids to the body.
Healthy Food Menu for Menopause:
An ideal food menu for women going through this stage includes:
- Fish, which provides omega3.
- White meats
- Many vegetables
As sex hormones decrease, symptoms associated with menopause usually begin to appear, such as hot flashes or mood disturbance, while the bone, vascular and cerebral system is affected. The decrease in sex hormones aggravates this situation since estrogens have a protective effect on the biology of women. A diet that supposes a sufficient contribution of calcium, vitamin D, magnesium and vitamin K is of great importance in order to avoid the appearance of osteoporosis that could start its development during the arrival of menopause. Our recommendation is to follow a diet that helps us overcome the disorders and physiological changes in the best way, while improving our quality of life during this stage:
The Milk and milk products : are always an interesting option because they provide us a good source of calcium which is more than ever necessary for maintaining bone mass at this stage enters a decisive phase. It is important to choose whenever we can the low fat versions which will help us keep our weight and cholesterol at bay. We must increase in our daily diet everything that is fish, dairy products, fruit, vegetables, and certain types of fortified foods especially indicated.
The fresh fruit is an excellent choice to keep the line in menopause because they provide nutrients such as vitamin C, and the like antioxidants and fibers that have a positive effect on the symptoms of menopause. It is also worth including dried fruit in the diet as it contains abundant minerals and fiber. The fruit helps maintain the line, is a source of fiber, strengthens and protects bones, is healthy for the heart, skin, and improves mood. Protein foods, such as lean meat, poultry, seafood, fish, skim milk, eggs, seeds, nuts and legumes including soybeans, are also necessary.
“It is important to reduce the consumption of saturated fats, such as whole milk, fatty meats, and avoid trans fats from industrial pastries, margarines or packaged fries”.
Improve mood and emotional state: It is very important to find ourselves motivated and get away from any thoughts that could depress us. We have to enjoy this vital stage and carry out activities that provide us with entertainment and well-being. Our diet must be rich in fruits and vegetables as they provide many positive health effects. Also healthy proteins, such as lean meat, poultry, seafood, fish, eggs and skim milk. Drink lots of water, or lemon water or coconut water. Drink juices whenever you can, preferably they are blueberries, grapefruit, melon, watermelon or avocado.
WE DON’T FORGET ABOUT DRY FRUITS, seeds and legumes, including blue fish in the diet 2 or 3 times a week. Breakfast cereals, rice, pasta and bread must be whole grain. Without excess consumption of fats, sugar and alcohol. When choosing which fruits to eat, try to lean towards those that are rich in potassium and vitamin B: Like bananas, pears, papaya, orange and all citrus fruits in general. It is also worth including dried fruit in the diet as it contains abundant minerals and fiber. The fruit helps maintain the line, is a source of fiber, strengthens and protects bones, is healthy for the heart, skin, and improves mood. During and after menopause, knowing how to choose the foods indicated for this period improves our health and well-being thanks to essential nutrients. Fluid retention can be increased during this stage and weight gain. To take care of your figure and feel lighter you should know some tips to eliminate fluids that accumulate in the body. Although they may be due to non-hormonal factors, it is very common during menopause.
SOME FOOD NEUTRALIZES SOFOCOS or insomnia, for example, while others regulate mood, relieve depression, prevent dry skin, and others fight fatigue. Consume whenever you can cranberry juice, grapefruit, melon, watermelon or avocado. Try to avoid salt and foods high in sodium.